Before you list with us:
- Review your tax records.
- Review township and neighborhood comparisons.
- Walk through and suggest any changes before listing.
- Arrive at a price and marketing plan.
Listing your home:
- Stage and photograph the home (for vacant homes we will bring in items).
- Copy the listing contract for your files.
- Make an update sheet with your assistance.
- Put signs up and lockbox on the door.
- Put flyer box out and create flyers.
- Set up the title/deed with the closing company.
- Place listing in BLC (MIBOR) system, as well as a number of other resources.
- Seller’s disclosure and home update sheet at home and BLC media links.
- Order home warranty for listing period (free).
- Have lender make up financial worksheets for monthly mortgage payments.
- Write up neighborhood and home information sheets, along with purchase agreements.
- Create "just listed" postcards for your neighborhood and invite neighbors to open house.
- Give out materials to buyers during open houses.
- Communicate with agents/brokers who sell in that area.
- View showing feedback (www.showings.com) via email, phone calls and through your personal password to check on schedules/feedback.
- Weekly: Check home for appearance, light cleaning and restock the flyer box.
- Monthly: Re-evaluate price and condition and any changes in the market.
- Seasonal: Clean walkways and door, place any seasonal items (pumpkins, X-mas wreaths, flowers in pots), and change photos and BLC descriptions when needed.
After we get an offer: (See flow chart for more information on "after the offer" process)
- Negotiate with your best interest in mind, including any repairs during inspection.
- Meet with any contractors/vendors.
- Check in weekly with buyer’s agent, lender and title company.
- Go through all net proceeds.